Diborane - SIAD Società Italiana Acetilene e Derivati
Diborane, B2H6, is a colourless, unstable, highly toxic, flammable gas with a sickly, sweet odour.
Pure Diborane is used:
- in semiconductor fabrication: a p-type dopant, for epitaxial silicon
- in semiconductor fabrication: for doping selected regions of a silicon wafer using deposition/diffusion techniques
- for doping polycrystalline silicon for interconnects or certain capacitors
- for forming borophosphosilicate glasses
- as a source of hydrogen in various chemical reactions.
Metals: Brass; Stainless Steel; Carbon Steel; Copper; Monel; Hastelloy.
Plastics: Kel-F; PTFE, Nylon.
Molecular Weight: 27.67
Specific Gravity (Air = 1): 0.95
CAS Registry No.: 19287-45-7