Oxygen - SIAD Società Italiana Acetilene e Derivati
Oxygen, O2 is a colourless, odourless, highly oxidizing gas.
Pure oxygen is used:
- as a component in calibration gas mixtures for environmental monitoring systems
- in industrial hygiene gas mixtures
- for instrumentation in the petrochemical industry
- in first-aid treatment of emergencies such as suffocation and heart attack
- in the treatment of patients with respiratory disorders
- in anaesthesia
- in hyperbaric oxygen changes for the treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning and gas gangrene
- in aerobe biological atmosphere mixtures
- as a zero gas for trace impurity analyses
- in bomb calorimeters, specialised oxidation reaction detectors
- in chemical oxidation reaction studies
- in semiconductor fabrication, chemical vapour deposition of silicon dioxide
- in semiconductor fabrication, especially for MOS gate oxides
- in semiconductor fabrication, thermal oxide growth
- in semiconductor fabrication, plasma etching
- in semiconductor fabrication, plasma stripping of photoresist
- in semiconductor fabrication, carrier gas in certain deposition/diffusion operations.
Metals: Brass; Austenitic Steels; Copper; Monel; Inconel.
Plastics: Kel-F; PTFE.
Elastomers: Viton A; Saran.
Molecular Weight: 32.00
Specific Gravity (Air = 1): 1.1
CAS Registry No.: 7782-44-7