HappyDrink® is the SIAD carbon dioxide supply service for drink gasification (carbonation), destined to collective catering markets (fast foods, restaurants, pizzerias, pubs, discos and bars, hotels, hostels and camp sites, canteens, catering, cinemas, theatres, amusement parks and food chains).
HappyDrink® allows a steady and continuous gas supply, assured by a low pressure, stainless steel, reduced-dimension tank (called minibulk), which replaces the cylinders normally used. The distribution of the carbon dioxide is provided via a network of dedicated and compact tanker trucks, which are capable of travelling also through historic town centres.
The minibulk is designed to maintain cryogenic purity CO2 without the need of periodic changing, usually required by traditional high-pressure cylinders. Thanks to HappyDrink®, it is now possible to obtain a high purity level of the product as well as to guarantee safety standards much more easily than with the traditional cylinder supplies.
The main benefit of the HappyDrink system is its replacement of the usual, traditional, high-pressure gas cylinders. Moreover, there are several other benefits deriving from the use of this system:
- No need to move gas cylinders
- No more decarbonized drinks served
- Optimization of every gram of carbon dioxide
- Replenishment of the supply without interruption to business activities
- Compact sizes and great autonomy
- A programmed refill schedule which is always on time
- Maximum safety
- Complete reliability
HappyDrink® applications are dedicated to beverage carbonation and thus for collective catering. The main markets for this kind of service are:
- fast food, restaurants, pizza restaurants
- pubs, beerhouses and bars
- hotels, hostels and camping
- canteens and catering in general
- cinemas, theatres, discos and amusement parks.
HappyDrink® can cause asphyxia in high concentrations. Furthermore, contact with the liquid product can cause cold and freezer burns.
To avoid these harmful effects, producers and customers should follow strict safety guidelines for storage and handling, and consult our HappyDrink® Material Safety Data Sheet.
- EC Regulation No. 178/2002 - Standards for compliance with traceability through batch production.
- European Reg. 231/2012 and D.M 199/2009 for the purity specifications of food additives (including food additives).
- EC Regulation No. 852/2004 of the European Parliament. Food hygiene rules in food hygiene and procedures for verifying compliance with these standards.
SIAD has also:
- the FSSC 22000: 2010 and ISO 22000: 2005 Certification for the production and distribution of food additives;
- a specific service for the availability of specialist technicians in case of emergency - activated 24/24h every day.
HappyDrink® supply options and services available to SIAD customers include:
- scheduled deliveries of the product on the basis of customer consumption
- transport in cylinders, cylinder packs or tanks
- design and installation of gas distribution systems
- supply of equipment for the correct use of the gas
- assistance and technical consultancy for systems and equipment.
Refilling is carried out by a specific method, exclusively reserved for the HappyDrink service. The delivery mechanism has specific systems, which check the amount of product, supplied to the point of sale, as well as a specific device for printing the delivery note.
Product: carbon dioxide E290 for alimentary use
Purity level: > 99%
Aspect: colourless gas
Odour: odourless gas
Limit of flammability in air: not flammable