Refrigerant gas collection and disposal service - SIAD Società Italiana Acetilene e Derivati
Refrigerant gas collection and disposal service header
Refrigerant gas collection and disposal service
CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerant gases cannot be released into the atmosphere but must be collected to be disposed of or regenerated as they are classified as special and hazardous waste (identified with code CER 140601*).
Only companies authorized by the Ministry for the Environment and registered in the Italian Register of Environmental Operators may dispose of these gases.
SIAD offers a service for the collection and disposal of refrigerant gases in collaboration with TECNOSERVIZI AMBIENTALI, a company part of the group that specializes in environment management and has signed a Program Agreement with the Ministry for the Environment.
The Program Agreement also allows for the regeneration of spent gases. However, this operation applies only to gases that have been collected keeping each type separate and for small quantities, only when the spent gases meet certain characteristics.
Collection and disposal of spent gases: how the service offered by Tecnoservizi Ambientali works
You need to dispose of spent gases but you don’t know who to contact? Follow these simple instructions:
1. Download and fill in all fields of the QUOTE REQUEST FORM FOR GAS DISPOSAL: type of gas – preferably not blended – amount, number and type of containers required for collection (40-liter containers; 12.5-liter containers; 600-liter cylinders);
2. Send the form to email@example.com
3. Receive your quote from Tecnoservizi Ambientali. If accepted, the next steps include:
- The necessary “Recovery Cold” containers are sent directly to the refrigeration operator;
- The refrigeration operator intervenes, collects the gas and requests the collection service on site, with the use of an authorized vehicle.
- Once agreed on the transport terms, the refrigeration operator fills in the CYLINDER HOMOLOGATION SHEET to be returned to Tecnoservizi Ambientali before the transport takes place;
- At the time of collection, the transporter or the refrigeration operator fills in the Waste Identification Form; the refrigeration operator keeps the first copy;
- When the waste reaches its destination, its weight is checked and the Waste Identification Form is completed; the transporter must return the fourth copy of the form to the refrigeration operator within 90 days;
- The refrigeration operator fills in the load/unload register, specifying the type and amount of waste produced and disposed of.