Contaminated sites remediation header
Contaminated sites remediation
+40 210 310 36 58
Contaminated sites reclamation
In the contaminated site reclamation sector, SIAD offers its services as a supplier of technology and as a source of scientific/analytical support when evaluating the feasibility of chemical and biological remediation processes.
In particular, SIAD can offer the following services on field:
- Installation and monitoring of injection systems of pure oxygen (Ground BiO2®) or reducing gases (Ground Red®) in groundwater. The patented systems are based on in-situ micro-diffusion of gas in order to promote the native bacterial activity for dissolved organic contamination removal (the former) and chemical oxidation/reduction processes for inorganic contamination removal (the latter)
- Installation and monitoring of in-situ treatment systems based on insufflation of oxygen-ozone mixture in unsaturated or saturated soil in order to remove the most refractory contaminants and promote the biological degradation processes
- Installation and monitoring of on-site or ex-situ systems for contaminated groundwater remediation. In particular, SIAD has a series of plants that can be installed on field for chemical or biological treatment of extracted groundwater (pump&treat)
- Installation and monitoring of on-site or ex-situ systems for contaminated soils remediation through the use of pure oxygen, ozone and carbon dioxide in order to promote contamination desorption and biological or chemical degradation
- Installation and monitoring of tracer gas injection systems in order to evaluate the radius of influence of gas insufflation techniques in groundwater (Ground Mix® and Ground Spy® patented methods)
and in laboratory:
- Laboratory tests in order to confirm the feasibility of processes (respirometry tests, ozonation tests and chemical and/or biological treatment tests)
- Microbiological analyses of groundwater and soil samples in order to verify the presence of specific bacterial species suitable for contamination removal and their trend over time.
- Tracer gas analyses in order to evaluate the radius of influence of gas insufflation techniques in groundwater
- Specialized analytical activities in collaboration with some Research Centers (isotope analyses, analyses of dechlorinating bacterial strains, etc).