Xenon - SIAD Società Italiana Acetilene e Derivati
Xenon, Xe is a colourless, odourless, nonflammable, inert gas.
Pure xenon is used:
- in incandescent lighting
- in lasers
- in cerebral blood flow measurements
- in high energy particle physics research
- in ion propulsion engine (electric engine) propellant
- xenon makes it possible to obtain better x-rays with reduced amounts of radiation
- when mixed with oxygen, is used to enhance contrast in CT imaging and to determine blood flow
- in the manufacturing of high intensity light sources which operate in the ultraviolet range.
Metals: Brass; Stainless Steel; Carbon Steel; Aluminum; Zinc; Copper; Monel.
Plastics: Kel-F; PTFE; PVC; Polycarbonate; Polyurethane.
Elastomers: Viton; Buna-N; Neoprene.
Molecular Weight: 131.30
Specific Gravity (Air = 1): 4.56
CAS Registry No.: 7440-63-3